IS TOUR DIRECTING FOR YOU?
Tour directing is a dynamic career that calls for strong personal attributes. Out of the large number of applicants that apply to ITMI, only a select few (20-25 students per class) are invited to attend our personalized training program. While these students come from diverse backgrounds and have varying skills and talents, they all have the following things in common:
- They like people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are bored by routine
- Love to travel; experience new adventures
- Have a strong sense of independence
- Are creative and flexible
- Can “take charge” and be responsible
- Possess a good measure of “common sense”
- Are just plain fun to be around
- Want to make a diffrerence in the world
The most successful applicants are those who exhibit maturity, possess a genuine interest and skill in working with groups of people and enjoy traveling.
At ITMI the desire to lend your voice to making a difference in the world as an ambassador of goodwill outweighs any thought to a specific number of years.
The goal of the International Tour Management Institute is to provide you with the tools and individual direction you need to succeed in this rewarding career.